Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

FULL KITE   >>   Kahoona V3 : review

Kahoona V3 : review

Messagepar jumarcil » Jeu 17 Fév 2011 12:18

Je viens de lire une review de la V3 et ca semble tres bon. Moi c'était la pression en barre le gros point faible et il parait qu'ils l'ont améliorée.

En anglais désolé :

ow had a couple more days on the 7.5 and 9.5 V3. Some of you are very impatient for real reviews, they have only been shipped a week and a half, even here in West Australia we have had very unusual conditions, give people a chance to get to know the kite then you will get good reviews.

To start with these live up to all the claims made, bar pressure reduced, turning speed faster, top end more stable, the review could stop there as that's all the claims proven!! Wind today slowly increased from 18-25 knots, our live readings did go to 28 knots but it really did not feel that strong. Kited back to back, 9.5 V2 and V3 and 7.5 V2 and V3. The V3 is a lot more stable at the top end of its wind range I was still comfortable at 25 knots where I was uncomfortable and really needed to change down on the V2. Low end is very much the same as before so nothing lost there. The bar pressure is reduced ( guess 10-20%), being a supporter of the Taboo I was hoping the bar pressure was reduced even more, something to work on for the V4!! Turning speed is improved, the actual turn is slightly more pivotal and initiates very fast but where it gains is switching power on and off across the window this is very much improved. The major improvement for me is the great stability of this kite and the rigidity of the canopy, this has taken the usable top end up at least 4-5 knots probably more, this is a massive improvement. Boosting is great these have always been good for boosting but now it is more reactive the height of jumps is improved a fair amount, still not 100% confident doing megaloops but very close. At the top end of the wind today I was comfortable on the 9.5, changed down to the 7.5 and was fully powered and boosting nicely, no real waves so not able to compare but this is certainly going to be better than the V2. Would I trade my Taboo 6 and 8 for wave riding? no, but I would be very happy with the V3, my wife loved them her comment "the bar feels light and they are easier to use".
I have been told the major part of the price increase is a 15% rise in fabric cost, soon to go up a further 12%, so all manufacturers are going to feel that. The V3 is a kite I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends, it is very well sorted, it is an improvement over the V2 and honestly worth the price increase, if a shop had both I would pay the extra without hesitation, it is built better, it looks better and performs better. Nice bag (backpack style) and separate dacron sleeve to store the kite with struts inflated, something I have been after for a few years. See your dealer and get a demo you will be pleased you did. Will post a review when we get some waves.
jumarcil

Re: Kahoona V3 : review

Messagepar Wave » Jeu 17 Fév 2011 13:13

Merci Jumarcil, pour ce review, effectivement la Kahoona V2 était bien côtés , moi j'aime la shape de ce kite , pas de central et la canopy ben lisse.

@Denis, peut tu mettre ce review dans la section ESSAIS/TEST, tu sais que je suis nul la dedans .. Thk Wave

J'pense que 2011 sera meilleur que 2011 pour BEST, leurs produits sont meilleurs. La Best Taboo fct bien..

Nice Deco.
Bon vent et un super été de vacances et de kite.. Oh yess.
Wave

Messagepar jumarcil » Jeu 17 Fév 2011 16:21

Wave a écrit:Merci Jumarcil, pour ce review, effectivement la Kahoona V2 était bien côtés , moi j'aime la shape de ce kite , pas de central et la canopy ben lisse.

@Denis, peut tu mettre ce review dans la section ESSAIS/TEST, tu sais que je suis nul la dedans .. Thk Wave

J'pense que 2011 sera meilleur que 2011 pour BEST, leurs produits sont meilleurs. La Best Taboo fct bien..

Nice Deco.

En plus ils reviennent en force avec la Nemesis HP V3 au mois de mars ou avril :-)

Jules
jumarcil

Messagepar vivakite » Jeu 17 Fév 2011 18:52

sont pas mal belle :D
wakestyle!!! surf strapless!!! unhook!!! wouah!!!!!
vivakite

Messagepar Denis » Mar 01 Mars 2011 22:03

un video vient de sortir

[vimeo]20493901[/vimeo]
Denis

Messagepar jumarcil » Mer 02 Mars 2011 11:09

-Je pense que je vais switcher ma Bularoo v2 7m pour la Kahoona V3 7.5 m. -
-
Bularoo V2 7m en condition pratiquement neuve à vendre 650$ pour la voile seulement. Le kite à moins de 10 sorties.

JUles
jumarcil

Retour vers FULL KITE