Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

FULL KITE   >>   Blade Fat Lady - images

Blade Fat Lady - images

Messagepar Wave » Jeu 28 Avr 2011 07:28

Voici le kite de pétole pour Blade, moi qui aurait pensée que La Fat Lady ressemblerais a la Epic renegade infinity, vu que les deux sont conçu par Momi,
mais non j'ai eu tord, elle ne ressemble pas a la Infinity. Moins Delta que je pensais ?

en images

review in english
The Fat Lady gonna makes you sing
One of the best kites ever made by blade, maybe one of the best kites for lightwind (which gives real fun on the water).
I rode one of the first protos last year and I feel the potential in this kite.
Now I have one of the latest proto and she is even better.
Easy handling, fast as hell, it was love on the first jump. I like her even more than trigger 14, and this kite is also very good 2011.

She´s good in Freestyle, Oldschool a kite which makes fun in every condition, and the hangtime was really great. This year I put my focus on oldschool and need hangtime much as possible. Fat Lady will be my kite.

Every guy I gave this kite for testing was flashed and liked her very much.

If you have the possibility, please try this kite!!!! I swear you will love her.

A suivre. Wave
Bon vent et un super été de vacances et de kite.. Oh yess.
Wave

Re: Blade Fat Lady - images

Messagepar Denis » Jeu 28 Avr 2011 09:20

ca ressemble a une Blade Trigger en plus gros
Denis

Messagepar Denis » Jeu 28 Avr 2011 13:15

un descriptif du pourquoi ce kite sera meilleur que les autres 17m et cie

reste a voir :? je veux vraiment essayer ce kite

As the wind get's lighter, we need a bigger kite to harness power. The need for increasingly sizable geometries adds substantial weight and drag, working directly against the wind's decreasing ability to fly the kite. How efficient the weight to power ratio is therefore the key design challenge of light wind kites. Current design wisdom provides solutions that produce big kites that generate power, but are sluggish in handling. Enter the Fat Lady! Like all other Blade kites, the Fat Lady is designed to be fast. After almost 2 years in prototyping, her innovative design and is hands down the most dynamic light wind 17m on the market.

What makes the design so special is that it pushes the technical limits of maximum efficiency by linking all aspects of the geometry and construction to work together to conduct the forces of flight. The clearest example of this is the approach to Fat Lady's LE. Typically other big kites rely on a massive LE to maintain their large structure. The Fat Lady has by far the leanest LE on a 17m kite, smaller than typical 12m kites. This provides key performance advances in the power to weight ratio, flying speed, turning speed, and overall handling. This super thin LE is technically possible only when all other elements in the kite such as the canopy, struts, and bridle are optimized to integrate in motion to support the structure. In prototype development, the LE was reduced in increments, and with each reduction all other elements of the kite were consequently redesigned to support it. The Fat Lady takes this strategy to the limit, and by applying it to all aspects of the kite, she produces dynamic performance never before seen at this size.

It means the Fat Lady is a whole lot of fun! She’s got plenty of power which is delivered with handling that is crisp and direct as you might expect from a good 12m. And because the kite is fast, the Fat Lady pops, even with her considerable size. Combine that with the hangtime of a big kite and you can throw everything from immense old school to low, technical freestyle in under 12 knots. Skilled riders will get her on the water at around 8 knots, and even beginners can park the her at 10 knots and go. Getting her up off the water you’d swear she was a 9m. The Fat Lady is all about having a good time, take her for a spin, she’s a she’s a whole lot of kite!

Denis

Messagepar Wave » Jeu 05 Mai 2011 19:23

Autre image de la Fat Lady,

Sur cette image elle ressemble plus a un Delta kite ?

BeBye Wave
Wave

Messagepar EricLeKiteux » Jeu 05 Mai 2011 19:28

Shit! Le kite est devenue vaiment trop sérieux. Des décolleurs avec des dossards. La CSST est partout....
Je fais ne fais plus de RACE mais du foil. F)(?(?$k les croquettes et les extraterrestres!!
EricLeKiteux

Localisation: Avec 500E, on fait du foil avec Kiterider sur notre spot semi-privé pis Guido est jaloux

Messagepar Denis » Mer 22 Juin 2011 16:44

semble assez rapide pour une 17m

[youtube]Kd6FUjFimMI[/youtube]
Denis

Messagepar kitebroker » Mer 22 Juin 2011 22:14

Bientôt vous pourrez savourer + que des images...

Vous aurez l'opportunité de toucher la belle... 17.0 .

Elle vous envoutera

j'en ai commandé un quart de tonne et de toutes les couleurs en plus.

On s'en reparle

Michel
kitebroker

Messagepar scoutu » Sam 25 Juin 2011 22:53

Plein de couleur !!! Wow on capote !!!

Sérieux un gros bonhomme comme moi y ride a combien de noeuds avec cette grosse chanteuse ?
Mes fesses sont plus grosses que les tiennes, moustachu, bedonnant.
Fait du kite depuis longtemps. Vendu F-One
Rider freeride, Des fois strapless mais chu pas ben bon.
The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
scoutu

Messagepar Wave » Dim 26 Juin 2011 07:34

Salut Scoutu, 10-12mph avec un fat board..
¸
Va lire ce review.. En anglais

A+ wave

I have been on a full on search for the best lightwind kite for years. I have tried everything from 26m Foils to 23m Inflatable C' kites... only to end up dissappointed. Typically big kites don't turn well, and you lose their size advantage by not being able to turn the kite to generate speed. This is where I think Blade has it right.

The Fat Lady is a 17m Kite. Yes... that is larger than most kites out there today, but you have to realize to get true power, you are going to need more surface area. This kite does that, but does it with a narrow leading edge, and 3 super skinny struts. Why is this important? Mass. This kite doesn't weigh as much as any other 17m, or 16m, or 15m that I have ever flown in the past does. This allows this kite to be light in the sky, while still generating all the power that is needed. With a narrow leading edge and skinny struts, this kite only takes 70 pumps to fill up. This is typical of what I'd expect for a 12m..... which may be why this kite turns more like a 12m than a 17m.

Up until recently with lightwind specific kites, all you got was a scaled up version of a 10m kite. The materials were all the same, and as a result, you ended up with a kite that was heavy and not fun to fly. The Fat Lady has been designed as a single kite. Ie.. this kite isn't just a scaled up version of something else. It was made to be a lightwind kite, and nothing else. This means that the camber (airfoil curve) is made to be maximized in the 10-20mph range, wheas most other kites are designed to be flown in the 20-30mph range.

So enough tech, what does this kite feel like? It is fast enough to loop, turns on a dime, and generates power through both static traction and appearant wind. Having only 3 struts allows this kite's canopy to twist, which allows this kite to be manuverable and lively unlike any other large kite I have flown. It surges forward in the wind window, and goes upwind effortlessly. Bar pressure is moderate... definately not too high....... and you can fly this kite one handed no problem (either hooked in or unhooked)

This kite is stable and very user friendly. Put the kite in full power, unhook, and hold it above your head in a steady 10mph of wind.... and it is parked. No back stall... Just steady as can be.

Relaunch might be the best I have ever experienced. Seriously in light wind the Fat Lady just rolls right over and relaunches. When other kites are falling out of the sky, this kite can relaunch very easily.

What is the realistic range of this kite? With a race board, I am sure you could break the 10mph barrier. With a skimboard or Glide? 10mph is when it starts getting powered enough. A normal twintip? 12-13mph. Will it power you in 5mph.... No way... Upper wind range is in the low to mid 20's. It is a powerful kite for sure... but it does have very good depower, even on the stock above the bar sheeting system.

Why buy this kite over other similar kites? I have tested most of what is out there, and this is the one that I am most impressed with. 3 struts is important. Single kite design (ie.. this kite was designed for only this one kite) Insanely easy relaunch. Blade has been around for 5 years and Momi is a great kite designer. Graphically it looks great!

This kite is very similar to the Epic Infinity, which is also a very nice kite, but the Fat Lady has a narrower leading edge and struts, is slightly higher aspect, and turns faster. Jumps are higher on the Fat Lady, but there is more float on the Infinity. Both are great.... but my preference for the riding I do is the Fat Lady. If you ride more waves, you may prefer the Infinity.
Wave

Messagepar Denis » Dim 03 Juil 2011 12:26

Un rider sur la FAT LADY prends la premiere place a SEATTLE aux courses Cabrinha RACE series

interessant

[youtube]rHdbDytF7q0[/youtube]
Denis

Retour vers FULL KITE