Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

FULL KITE   >>   AIRUSH ONE STRUT KITE

AIRUSH ONE STRUT KITE

Messagepar admin » Ven 27 Août 2010 09:48

Voila, on élimine de plus en plus les lattes avec le nouveau modèle de Airush - The One.

Voici la description du produit. (Du pure Marketing ou vraiment quelques choses de différents et performant) ???? A suivre...

Why’s it called the One?” I asked UK Importer James from Storm Distribution. “It’s got one strut”. Fair enough, I’d have known that if I’d have unpacked it – and I would have unpacked it sooner if I’d have known that. I was keen to get the One to the beach to see if anyone would notice the peculiar one strut concept. Pumping up was a laugh; no one pump! It’s easy to get the One into a pleasingly stiff airframe since the strut and leading edge are so oversize, about 5 and 7psi respectively is all that’s required.

The bridle is super simple – a y piece each side with single pulley – and it’s clear that the kite maintains structural integrity in the sky via a combo of the impressive sweep of that large diameter leading edge, a very low aspect ratio and the subsequently long and thick strut at its centre chord. I won’t feck about and waste your time with more words, here’s a bullet point list for now. Full review in the coming issue of Kitesurf Magazine – Issue 61. - Super swept leading edge makes self launching and relaunching a piece of piddle - Feels more compact and looks smaller in the air than a regular 12m. Plenty easy enough to throw around for a surf session. I didn’t even bother to adjust the Smart bar from 45cm to 55cm though of course this would make it even more nimble. - Strong low wind performer with good upwind abilities. During the testing days, the only time I was beaten upwind by anyone was when Denzil Williams turned up with an 11m and a full on race board. I was using a surfboard and Denzil is about 4 stone (56lbs you Americans!) lighter than me. - Flaps about a bit when you chuck it around on land, but on the water the canopy looks and feels tight. Stability when running downwind is inspiring. - Good depower, big sweet spot, just about impossible to trim it wrong.

Conclusion: I’d be interested to know what the inflated volume of this 12m is because with those large tubes and long curved leading edge, it can’t be that much different to a regular 5 strut kite like the Vapor X. However, the advantages of a one strut kite that become apparent after the first session are: set up is quick, pack down is easy and quick, relaunch is easy (no water wheel effect of extra struts), flies great and pulls well in light winds (improved aerodynamics I’m guessing). The One is a simple, safe, un-intimidating kite that handles all the back office stuff (stability, launch, relaunch) easily. The concept clearly works and it should make the lives of instructors a lot simpler. I’ve no idea of price yet, but maintenance will surely be a lot easier with only two bladders to worry about. In the right hands though, the One is an impressively marginal wind kite with blistering upwind ability thanks to the huge forgiving sweet spot. Feels good in the waves too.

EquipeKF..
admin
Site Admin

Re: AIRUSH ONE STRUT KITE

Messagepar jumarcil » Sam 28 Août 2010 06:35

En septembre je vais avoir la chance de l'essayer; soit je rachete une Lithium LW 13m 2011 (3 struts vs 6 pour la 20100 ou bien une One 15m. J'ai hate de voir si vraiment il y a un avantage pour LW.
jumarcil

Retour vers FULL KITE