Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

FULL KITE   >>   Griffin 2011,New Argo et un nouveau modèle sans poulies

Griffin 2011,New Argo et un nouveau modèle sans poulies

Messagepar Wave » Ven 10 Sep 2010 07:03

[youtube]oYVj74IN1vM[/youtube]

Argo 2011

Chimera

Plus d.images pour ce modèle
http://www.extremekites.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14081

Commentaires du proprio de Griffin
Hi, feedback from the Chimera is very positive from our team riders around the planet, I will have full info online shortly with video later.

A bit more info,

Bridle
Simple bridle ( only 3 connections to the leading edge )

Pulleys/Rings = 0 or 2 ( your choice )
The simple bridle is designed to work with 0 pulleys
no pulleys no rings nothing to wear out the lines
AND
there is a small piece of bridle in the kite bag you can swap over in about 10 seconds to make it a a pulley kite ( 2 pulleys or rings )
Its the best of both worlds as pulleys give more de power, and pulley less gives a different feel.
I think I am the first to design a kite with this option, I may be wrong, let me know if I am.
We where also the first to design our no center strut kites.

The aspect ratio is somewhere in the middle of the higher aspect Griffin and Lower aspect Argo, I was trying to get the best balance of the low AR grunt and power + stability of the Argo with the top end and high jumps of the griffin

4 struts for the best combo of lightness and strength/support in the canopy.

I think this "original" idea will catch on. Anyhow unless I find out otherwise I am claiming to be the first to design a kite/bridle like this. But I could be wrong, it happens some times...

Now I just need an overpriced marketing agency to come up with some funky name and pimp it as a revolution in kite design. Anyone want $100,000 to come up with some hype? or some name? Hmm must be a cool name for it somewhere. There are a few other smaller ideas we have put in that no one else has come up with yet. Ok, enough side tracking...

The 8m is a (7m 8m 9m in one) top end and turn of a 7m, bottom end power/grunt of a 9m or more + Auto relaunch and super stability lots of float in the jumps, higher jumps faster controlled turning, heaps of depower and grunt. And no I am not bending the truth.

New Zealand are getting wind, not much in Sydney so they may post a some more reviews soon.

Who is the Chimera for?
Surfers: The easiest auto relaunch, super stability, fast controlled turning, huge wind range, power when you need it and depower when you want it, amazing upwind ability, stable down the line riding.
Learners: The easiest auto relaunch, super stability, Slow turning setting, huge wind range, power when you need it and depower when you want it and a kite that you can stick with when you turn pro, in 2 weeks time...
Free ride: light-medium bar pressure to kite all day, huge wind range, amazing upwind ability + all the above
Freestyle: I will see what the New Zealand freestyle riders have to say after playing with the non pulley option. From what I hear so far kite loops are very nice.

P'tit vid de la Chimera , kite qui semble HYPER Rapide

[youtube]COSEdtRCA6A[/youtube]

Pas encore de news pour le modele Freeride La Griffin , Griffin de Griffin :-)

A+ Wave
Wave

Retour vers FULL KITE