Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

FULL KITE   >>   Kite surfing lessons

Kite surfing lessons

Messagepar liquidlove » Ven 24 Sep 2010 13:22

I've taken lessons a few years ago in the Dominican Republic, but I'm mostly forgotten what I leart. I'd like to take some new lessons again, but the cost that the local schools, about $90/hour from what I can tell, is exuberant in my opinion. I have a trainer kite, and I'm in the process of buying myself my first full sized kite for the winter. I'd like someone to give me lessons. I'd be willing to pay $25 an hour, and have us use my equipment and my car. If anyone is interested please get back to me. Thanks
liquidlove

Re: Kite surfing lessons

Messagepar Denis » Ven 24 Sep 2010 13:43

Hi LL

As I suggested on kiteforum.com the schools listed here (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8) will probably charge you a rate around 80-90$ an hour. In the first place the rate might seem expensive, but the schools are dependent on the wind/weather, they have to remain available if the wind shows up, they supply the gear for teaching, and some schools event supply rescues, good schools will not charge you if you get to the spot, and the wind is not there, etc....

Be aware these schools even have waiting lists. Kitesurf is too much popular now.

If you are taking lessons on the ground (not water), and supply your own gear, you might be able to find a cheaper price for lessons. But as for 25$ per hours I am not sure. Some guys will prefer kiting instead. Also during the winter, snowkiting lessons are sometimes cheaper. Are you getting lessons before going to a vacation trip or in preparation for this winter ?

But dont skip the lessons step :thumbup: just for the security at least.

Anyway, I am aware of of a few guys who do it part time, and might be willing to help you out, but I am not giving the names publicly. They'll PM you if interested. Not sure about there rates either.
Denis

Messagepar liquidlove » Ven 24 Sep 2010 14:27

Anyway, $25's just an offer, I'm willing to pay more, however, if I can't find something cheaper. Actually, I just spoke with a friend and he's willing to chip in too, so we could maybe do $25/hour each? So $50 an hour for a 4 or 5 hour block? If anyone is interested please get back to me!
liquidlove

Messagepar liquidlove » Ven 24 Sep 2010 14:28

XMAN a écrit:P-A a Venise. His the best

Who? How do I get a hold of him? thanks
liquidlove

Retour vers FULL KITE