Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

FULL KITE   >>   New to Montreal

New to Montreal

Messagepar dr_doom » Sam 05 Avr 2014 11:44

Salut tous! Hey all!

I apologize in advance but I do not speak French! I will take some lessons soon, though ;)

I am new to Montreal (arrived on Monday 31 Apr) and brought 5 kites, 1 buggy, pair of kite skates (Doom Wheels) and snow blades. Let's start with the questions:

1. Where to kite buggy and doom-wheel?
2. What are the best winds?
3. Are the winds really as gusty as the Windguru shows?
4. Do you guys have any medical insurance upgrade for kiting?

I moved here from New Zealand and if you are interested what I have been up to here is my YouTube channel. I hope to be adding new vids from around here ;)

[youtube]g1KtguMQMtg[/youtube]

I look forward for some kiting action soon!
dr_doom

Re: New to Montreal

Messagepar KiteRider » Mar 08 Avr 2014 09:06

G'day mate.

Varennes, Parc de la Commune. When you enter the village of Varenne, it is to your left, after the water station.
Beauharnois, on the island between the Hydro-Quebec central and the St-Lawrence waterway/lock.

W ( SW to NW) for Varennes, E-NE for Beauharnois.

Nope, it is worse. Just kidding. Like everywhere else I guess, winds are sometimes good, sometimes, well, less good. Windguru gives okay forecasts, but you may also consider toutoumeteo as an excellent forecast site, as it is more aware of local phenomenons (like S winds not reaching Lac des 2 Montagnes).

I'd say most of us do not, unless travelling outside Quebec. For here in Quebec, if you have the Quebec medical insurance card, you are okay.

If I may, wheel kiting is not the best here around Montreal. We just have too few options. Montreal is an island, surrounded by water, meaning we have many more kitesurfing and kiteskiing options during summer and winter. The season starts approximately at this time of year, except for this year where the ice is unusually thick for this time of the year (we've had a rather cold winter), somewhere around 3ft still. For good wheel kiting, the Magdalen Islands is the place of choice. It is still in the province of Quebec, but from Montreal, it is a 12h drive + 5h ferry. Not really an option for a long week-end but good for summer vacations.

Norm
KiteRider

Localisation: Pas trop loin de EricLeKiteux, même à son spot semi-privé

Messagepar dr_doom » Dim 13 Avr 2014 10:17

Hi Norm,

many thanks for the info! Very useful... I will definitely consider water kiting, yet my heart belongs in a buggy or dooms. I look forward to next winter! Yay!

Cheers,
Dan
dr_doom

Messagepar jumarcil » Dim 13 Avr 2014 16:14

dr_doom a écrit:Salut tous! Hey all!

I apologize in advance but I do not speak French! I will take some lessons soon, though ;)

I am new to Montreal (arrived on Monday 31 Apr) and brought 5 kites, 1 buggy, pair of kite skates (Doom Wheels) and snow blades. Let's start with the questions:

I moved here from New Zealand and if you are interested what I have been up to here is my YouTube channel. I hope to be adding new vids from around here ;)

[youtube]g1KtguMQMtg[/youtube]

I look forward for some kiting action soon!

You know what ; there is a pretty good kiting community around montreal. I ain't relly much into kite buggy but I have a friend who is. I will send you his email in pm. Maybe he'll be able to answer some questions and get you going.

Have fun and enjoy your stay in Quebec.
jumarcil

Messagepar admin » Dim 13 Avr 2014 19:23

dr_doom a écrit:Salut tous! Hey all!

J'ai du censurer quelques messages sur ce fil de discussion.

La personne vient juste d'arriver a Montreal. C'est bien normal qu'il ne parle pas français.
Il prends la peine de nous saluer en français, s'excuse et nous dit qu'il prendra quelques leçons bientôt.
On devrait s'en réjouir, car il semble bien vouloir faire un effort.

@badou, kiterider n'a pas dit que tu étais grossier, mais bien que ton commentaire l'était !

Denis

Équipe KiteForum.ca
Un Forum pour les Riders par des Riders
admin
Site Admin

Messagepar MrRicky_D » Dim 13 Avr 2014 19:35

ouais la haine n as pas sa place :)
MrRicky_D

Retour vers FULL KITE