Applications
Accueil
FULL KITE   |   ESSAIS - TESTS   |   VOYAGES   |   FOIL   |   VENTE DE GARAGE   |   LIENS UTILES   |     CONTACT  
Imprimer   |   Inscription   |   Connexion

ESSAIS - TESTS   >>   Speed3 21m review

Speed3 21m review

Messagepar Denis » Ven 17 Sep 2010 13:22

C'est un review de la flysurfer 21m que j'ai trouvé sur l'autre kiteforum ;) par Lawrence en floride. Lawrence est un bon gars de qui j'avais acheté ma Speed3 19 presque neuve cet hiver a bon prix. J'ai trouvé la review interessante mais c'est en anglais.

Flew the 21M Speed 3 and if my first session is any indication of what this kite can do, I will be extremely happy... I have owned the Speed 2, Speed 2.5 and the Speed 3 19's. All Del. material. I am 6 ft 5 and weigh 240lbs. Wind speed was 7-12 MPH range. No current. Monster DOOR.

The first thing I noticed was how stable it was when it's coming off the ground initially with hardly any air inside of it. It's effortless to steer while you are waiting to get in fully inflated. Overhead it feels as stable or maybe even more than the Speed 3 19. I ran under the kite etc. and it just floated. I flew it without the extensions. The first dive was very SMOOTH and extremely even pull. The turning in seems about the same as my 19 S3 as for the Speed of the turn. To initiate the turn I only needed one hand to get the movement out of the kite for the change of direction.

No more hard/soft steering adjustments available. The ELC's are gone and have been replaced with small metal rings that the lines are connected too. This I like as the ELC's were not difficult just sometimes a pain depending on the weather and conditons etc.

The overall weight of the kite seems as light or maybe lighter than the Speed 3 19. This may not be true, it sure feels that way.

With the slighest bit of wind increase the 21M delivers the power effortlessly. As easy as any kite I have flown. When the wind picks up to around 9-10 MPH and you pull the bar ALL the way in down to the base of the chix loop, the power is AMAZING and the UPWIND angle is like no other kite I have ever flown. AND NO BACKSTALL. I could not make it backstall. The power just keeps coming. Let off the bar and the depower is INSTANT.

I did not try any jumps, however my close friend did who also has been flying Speed's for years and weighs 165 lbs. was jumping as high as I have ever seen him on any Speed kite in those conditions. One of the jumps he got a second lift so the hangtime was a long time.

All in all, I dont initially see myself being able to go out in any lighter air that I could with my S3 19, BUT NOW it's ZERO work to get going and to stay going while trucking upwind effortlessly. The bar control needed seems more like the Speed 2.5.

I had to make myself go downwind even when the wind speed dropped during the session.

All in all after my first session, I would recommend this kite to anyone who wants to increase their days on the water. Call it mowing the lawn or whatever... IT's still better than actually mowing the lawn etc.

Hope this helps.

LMR

Pour vous mettre dans l'ambiance

[vimeo]13935335[/vimeo]
Denis

Re: Speed3 21m review

Messagepar seanrmz » Ven 17 Sep 2010 17:40

bon bain, dlm odrer 1 4me at the same time..lol
seanrmz

Retour vers ESSAIS - TESTS